East Coast Arena Training (ECAT) Course
This two-day course has been designed specifically for those in the arena industry. An intensive training program focuses on the unique challenges facing arena operators that offers practical solutions to help you fully achieve your potential and further your professional development. Courses consist of classroom material with various hands-on practical aspects related to Refrigeration, Resurfacers, and Ice Making & Maintenance. Basic, Intermediate and Advanced courses will be available and participants will receive a certificate of completion for each course.
Next Course: ECAT Basic Course – June 15 & 16, 2022 at Bell Aliant Centre.
Register here: https://forms.gle/wcVHLSqNERmgKCmE6
An Intermediate Level training will be offered in NB in 2022. Details for this course tbc.
For more information on upcoming ECAT Courses or to register Contact Us.
Basic Course Contents
Led by Paul Taljaard, Berg Chilling Systems
- understand the basic principles of the refrigeration cycle
- be able to identify system components and their function
- learn about refrigerated floors
- understand basic refrigeration system maintenance
- understand the hazards associated with the operation of refrigeration equipment
- be familiar with the related codes and regulations
Basic Ice Resurfacing:
Led by Everett Tucker, Saunders Equipment
- understand the basic operation of the ice resurfacer
- be aware of safety practices with respect to the operation of the ice resurfacer
- be able to identify various components
- learn the basic method of changing, levelling, and adjusting a blade
- know the basic maintenance practices (daily, monthly, annually) of the ice resurfacer and the edger
Basic Ice Making & Maintenance:
Led by Bernie Hurley, Town of Oromocto
- understand the relationship between the ice surface, resurfacer, and refrigeration system
- learn the factors that affect a sheet of ice
- know how to prepare, mark, and seal the floor for painting
- know how to build and paint a quality sheet of ice
- be aware of liability issues related to ice maintenance
- learn basic practices of ice maintenance
June 15th, 2022:
8:30am – 9:00am: Registration
9:00am – 12:30pm: Basic Refrigeration
1:30pm – 5:00pm: Basic Ice Resurfacing
June 16th, 2022
9:00am – 4:00pm: Basic Ice Making & Maintenance
* Coffee & Tea and light snacks will be provided throughout the day. You are encouraged to bring your own reusable water bottle. There will be a daily one-hour lunch break (on your own) – LUNCH WILL NOT BE PROVIDED.
Member Rate: $399.99+tax
Non-Member Rate: $499.99+tax